Saturday, June 14, 2014

Salsa, Dominoes and Family

I'm a little late on blogging this week. Albert and I went to my hometown and spent 3 full days at my parents house, so I was playing catch up on housework and fishing lure orders! I enjoy going to see my parents so much and the icing on the cake is that my best bud also lives there and I get to see her and her precious family. We hitched a ride with my nephew and his girlfriend; they just moved back from Tennessee, so it was great to catch up with them. I got to spend time with a lot of family this weekend, and see people I haven't seen in a long time. There's something refreshing about spending time with family. I can't even tell you how many games of dominoes we played or why we laughed so much, but it was nice to sit around a table with some of my faves. and just laugh.


..

My mom whipped up some delicious salsa, my niece helped make dinner and I popped open the wine. That's my kind of co-op!


I also got to go visit my bff and her sweet kiddos. They recently visited Lego Land and Disneyland, and her oldest son JJ, was telling me all about it. He remembered everything...I mean, everything. He remembered that name of one of the restaurants and that the name was spelled incorrectly...he's 7. It was so cute, because he's usually so chill and quiet, but he was just bouncing around telling me about it all and recommending rides that Albert might like.  Then to top it off, he wrestled around with Albert, which made him the happiest 2 year old in the world. JJ has no clue, but Albert always talks about how they're friends and he wants to be a big boy like him. JJ mentioned that he doesn't like Sponge Bob and Albert has brought it up everyday since then. 
We also got to spend time with this gorgeous baby:



Albert got to spend time "working" in the garage, sipping on root beer with his papa and I got to enjoy my nieces, nephews and wine with my mom and best friend. The only thing missing was Cass, she was off supporting our family and missing out on the fun. 



I'm thankful for my family, the one I was born in to, but also the people who have become family. I had multiple moments where I thought, "this is the highlight of my trip." 



To Top it off, Cass took me out to see Maleficent and dinner when I got back. We had a blast!

I LOVED Maleficent. Did you see it? What did you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment