Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mr. A & The Terrific 2's

2014 has been such an active year for us so far! We've gone to Monster Jam, to California, to my hometown a couple of times and most importantly...we have a very active and opinionated 2 year old. Mr. A has always been an incredibly well behaved little guy and we kept wondering why the 2's are so "terrible". Well, lets just say we've gotten a taste of it. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is amazing and he's so well behaved most of the time. In fact I feel bad even writing this because it feels like I'm complaining, but honestly, I'm just being real. Our little boy is so smart that he already knows how to push our buttons and then how to turn right around, change his tone of voice and sweet talk us! It's amazing! 
For some unknown reason, I put an enormous amount of pressure on myself  when it comes to parenting. Here are three things I've learned in the past few weeks

1.) Kids test their parents patience all the time. Every single one. I text a friend of mine and said my little guy was just driving me nuts one day and a few days later received a similar text from her. All of our kids push our buttons and test our patience. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

2.) Even the perfect parents aren't perfect. My brother pointed out to me that every child grows up and blames their parents for something they did wrong, (pessimist, I know). I don't think my brother was trying to instill wisdom when he said this, but it made me think...I bet every person can name something they think they're parent did wrong. Maybe I'm backwards, but this kinda made me feel better; even perfect parents aren't perfect. 

3.) He's just a kid. My best friend, wise woman that she is, reminded me he is just a toddler. He's 2 and he's a wonderful kid. So what if he throws a fit every now and then or if he talks back, at the end of the day, he is growing, learning and pushing the limit and I should be happy that he is doing all of those things because that means he's right where he should be.

I haven't really written much about parenting in the past, but this past weekend I realized how much pressure I put on myself...and if I'm not careful, I could easily transfer that pressure to our little boy. I don't want to do that, so I'm trying to give me and him a little more credit and not been such a worrier. It's been almost a year that this little blessing has been in our lives and I cannot even begin to express what he has done to our home, hearts and families. He is amazing and I am beyond thankful him!!



No comments:

Post a Comment